Preview the 2016 Android: Netrunner™ Store Championship Prizes
“Of course I steal from the rich. They’re the ones with all the money.”
- Gabriel Santiago
Fantasy Flight Games is proud to reveal the prizes of the 2016 Android: Netrunner™ Store Championships!
Designed to welcome players of all levels, a Store Championship is a relaxed tournament that encourages a fun and friendly environment for all of its participants. As foundation of the Championship Series, Store Championships celebrate the local game store and its players as the most important part of the gaming community. The November Track Store Championships will kick off the week after the Fantasy Flight Games World Championship and will run from November 12, 2016 to February 25, 2017.
What are the Prizes for the 2016 Android: Netrunner Store Championships?
With all of the economic turmoil going on in New Angeles, runners and corps should be trying their hardest to earn some extra credits. Each Android: Netrunner Store Championship will have a variety of prizes to award to the most successful players in the competition.
- Top 32 - The top thirty-two players will each receive a copy of the alternate art card “Pad Campaign” - an easy, hands-off investment that can pay for itself…If you can protect it.
- Top 8 - The top eight players will each receive a deckbox to hold your assets and hardware in.
- Top 4 - The top four players will each receive a playmat depicting some Anarchs ready to run amok.
- Top 2 - The top two players will each receive a printed acrylic token to be used with the card "Femme Fatale".
- First Place - The winner will receive a color printed plaque and a first round bye (not pictured) to a 2017 Android: Netrunner Regional Championship of their choice!
Hacked Feed: 2016 World Championship Celebration
The 2016 Android: Netrunner Store Championship Kit includes two copies of “Hedge Fund”, the alternate art card being given out at the 2016 Android: Netrunner World Championship.
Stores that are hosting a Store Championship will be scheduling a World Championship Celebration sometime during November 2nd-6th. During the event, they may stream the 2016 World Championships live from our Twitch channel, www.twitch.com/ffglive, so that you can see all the action.
Here are some examples of events that your store might run:
- Tournament: Award the cards to the top two finishers.
- Open Play: At a prearranged time, give the cards to two random attendees.
- Creative: Trivia, a costume contest, or even a themed event of their own creation, with the cards going to the selected winners!
What is a Store Championship?
Every store in good standing has the opportunity to run a single Store Championship for each game supported by Organized Play by pre-ordering a kit six months before its release. These tournaments are meant to be a highly-accessible introduction to the competitive Championship series of tournaments.
Relaxed Tournament Tier: Tournaments at this tier are welcoming to all players, regardless of experience level. The focus is on creating a fun and friendly environment. At the Relaxed tier, the leaders of the event (organizer, marshal, and/or judge) may play in the event as long as there are two or more designated leaders.
Basic Tournament Structure: The Basic tournament structure is designed to be very accessible, especially for newer participants. This structure provides a tournament experience that requires a modest commitment of time and resources from organizers and players.
Rolling in Credits
Over the coming months, numerous players will attend 2016 Store Championships in an effort to win these awesome prizes. Don’t miss out on your chance to acquire some of these prizes for yourself and add them to your collection!
Note: The alternate art cards in this kit are produced via FFG's In-House Manufacturing and may appear slightly different in color and texture from the game's other cards. To be tournament legal, these cards must be sleeved with opaque or art sleeves.
in our forums!