Date of Last Revision: April 25, 2012
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Acceptance by Use
We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time. The date of last revision will be posted at the top of www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/more/terms-of-use/. You are responsible for reading and evaluating the Terms as they are revised.
If you do not agree to the Terms, you are not permitted to browse the FFG Website and/or utilize any of its services.
By accessing and browsing the FFG Website, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE FFG WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. FFG is not responsible for and does not regularly monitor the FFG Website. FFG is not liable for any personal injury or property damage, or any other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever, resulting from use and/or access of the FFG Website. You understand and agree you may be exposed to communications, including but not limited to public posts and posts by FFG, that are inaccurate, objectionable, offensive, or indecent, and you agree to waive, and do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against FFG with respect to the content.
By accessing and browsing the FFG Website, you agree to the following:
- You are at least 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or have specific legal guardian or parental consent, and are fully able to enter into this legal, binding agreement, being the Terms.
- You affirm that you are over the age of 13. The FFG Website is not intended for children 13 and under, and are not permitted use.
- You will not transmit any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, bots, scrapers, or any like or related programming through or to the FFG Website.
- You will not alter, modify, or change the FFG Website or any portion of it, including security features, except as expressly permitted by FFG.
- You will not engage in any illegal (contrary to applicable local, national and international laws) activities on, to, or through the FFG Website.
FFG will do its best to maintain the website and release accurate information through it. However, FFG cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the FFG Website. FFG is not liable for any: (1) errors, mistakes, opinions, or inaccuracies with regard to content; (2) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our website; (3) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available through the FFG Website; (4) any unauthorized access to our secure servers and the personal and/or financial information contained within; (5) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses and the like which may be transmitted to or through the FFG Website by any third party.
The FFG Website may contain links to third party websites. FFG has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content of any third party websites.
An Organizational Account is a retailer, game club or convention (collectively, “Organizations”) approved by FFG to have such an account. FFG does not endorse any Organizations.
FFG has no control over and assumes no responsibility for any product, service or event offered by a third party through the FFG Website, including Organizations. FFG recommends using your best judgment and to exercise caution where appropriate.
FFG does not endorse and is not responsible for the opinions, recommendations, or advice of any users of the FFG Website. FFG cannot and will not be responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety or intellectual property rights of or relating to any type of communication on or through the FFG Website. FFG will not be a party to or monitor, and assumes no responsibility for, any communication or results of communication between you and a third party, including but not limited to other Players and Organizations. FFG recommends using your best judgment and to exercise caution where appropriate.
By accessing and utilizing FFG web tools (such as Quest Vault™), you agree to the following in addition to all other applicable terms:
- Any content generated by you via the web tool is the property of FFG immediately upon the creation of such content. FFG may use such content in any manner it deems fit.
- All Star Wars™ characters, names, and related materials transmitted to the site may be used by FFG or its affiliates, or Lucasfilm, Ltd. for any purpose.
In order to access some features of the FFG Website, you may be required to register an account. By registering an account, you agree to the following in addition to all other applicable terms:
- You will use your own accurate personal information, and if applicable, financial information to register. You will not register on someone else’s behalf without their express permission.
- You will be responsible for all of the activity on your account, including the security of your account and communications and/or content (anything posted publicly or through private messaging on the FFG Website to any other user).
- In the event of a security breach, you are still responsible for all of the activity on your account. Keep your password secure. FFG recommends changing it periodically. In the event of a security breach (a hacked account), you will notify FFG’s support staff immediately after discovery by emailing [email protected], subject line ‘Hack’.
- If you receive unwelcome private messages, you are solely responsible for stopping any further messages by blocking them.
- You are responsible for any actions you take and the consequences of those actions as a result of any CCs between you and FFG or any FFG account user.
- You agree that FFG can associate your account name with your CCs.
- You will be respectful of other account users - none of your CCs will be obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, or in any other way injurious to any other user.
- You will not solicit personal information from Player Account users.
- You will not spam (including commercial solicitation, except as expressly provided herein, political campaigning, chain letters and the like) other users.
- You will not use the account for commercial purposes, except as expressly provided herein and/or with express written consent from FFG.
- FFG reserves the right to remove or delete anything it feels is objectionable at its sole discretion without prior notice.
By requesting and receiving approval to upgrade a Player account to an Organization account, you as an organization, are agreeing to the following, as well as agreeing to all of the terms of the Player account and all other applicable terms:
- You will only use your own organization’s accurate information on your account at all times. You acknowledge that as an Organization account holder, your location information will be viewable by the general public. You acknowledge that the organization itself is responsible for the activities of the account, as well as the individual granted permission to operate or run the account on your behalf.
- You will be able to promote FFG products and FFG related events to Player and other Organization Accounts. You will not promote or solicit non-FFG products or non-FFG related events.
Online Store Accounts
Online Store accounts are separate from the Player and Organization accounts. By registering an Online Store account, you agree to the following, as well as all other applicable terms:
- FFG cannot and does not warrant that product specifications, pricing, or other content on the FFG Website is complete, accurate, or error-free. In the event of any errors relating to the pricing or specifications of any product, FFG shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders at its sole discretion. If we charged your credit card prior to cancellation, we will issue a credit to your account in the amount of the charge.
- FFG is the seller for all items on the FFG Website. All items purchased from the FFG Website are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon delivery to the carrier.
- If you have any questions in regards to your Online Store Account, please contact [email protected].
FFG reserves the rights to terminate any type of account at its sole discretion, without prior notice.
If you or your organization would like your account to be terminated, please email FFG’s support team at [email protected] , subject line ‘Account Termination’. Deleting your account will not result in the deletion of public posts on the forums, or having your name disassociated with any such posts. Please see the Accounts section for information on how to request deletion of public posts.
Provided you abide by the Terms, FFG grants you permission to access the FFG Website for personal use and/or limited commercial use as expressly permitted herein.
The FFG Website is provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by law, FFG, its owners, operators, officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the FFG Website and your use thereof.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall FFG, its owners, operators, officers, directors, employees or agents, but liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any (1)Use or inability to use the FFG Website, including without limitation use of or reliance on information available on this FFG Website, interruptions, errors, defects, mistakes, omissions, deletions of files, delays in operation or transmission, nondelivery of information, disclosure of communications, or any other failure of performance; (2) Errors, mistakes, opinions, or inaccuracies with regard to information available on the FFG Website; (3) Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the website, (4) Any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein; (5) Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the FFG Website; (6) Any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, bots, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through the FFG Website by any third party; (7) Any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use on any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the FFG Website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not FFG is advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. You specifically acknowledge that FFG shall not be liable for CCs, the content of CCs, or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any other user or third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
The FFG Website is controlled and offered by FFG from its facilities in the United States of America. FFG makes no representations that the FFG Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the FFG Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FFG and its owners, operators, officers, directors, employees, affiliates, assigns and agents, from and against any actions, claims, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including without limitation, attorney’s fees and costs) arising from or in connection with: (i) your use of and access to the website; (ii) your violation of any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use; (iii) your failure to abide by applicable local, state, federal and international law; (iv) your violation of any other Player or other third party right, including but not limited to any copyright, trademark, property, or privacy right; (v) any claim that one of your Player Communications or private messages caused damages to a third party; or (vi) any breach of any representation, warranty, or agreement made by you in these Terms and Conditions of Use. This indemnification obligation survives these Terms and Conditions of Use and your use of this website.
You hereby release and waive any and all claims, liability, and causes of action against FFG arising from or in connection with your use of the FFG Website.
FFG graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts,and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks, or trade dress of FFG or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. These trademarks, registered trademarks, and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the express written consent of FFG, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits FFG. All other trademarks not owned by FFG that appear on the website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by FFG. Unless otherwise specified, all software used on this site is the property of FFG or its affiliates and is protected by United States and international copyright laws.
Any other intellectual property, as well as any information and material that appears on the FFG Website belongs to Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc., unless otherwise specified.
You agree not to copy and/or adapt the code used to generate the FFG Website and all the graphic material that it offers, including buttons, bars, fonts, logos, photographs or other material not specified under these Terms, without the express permission of FFG.
The FFG Website and all related websites, including those which offer services under its mark, are published and maintained by Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.
These Terms and Conditions of Use, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by FFG without restriction.
Governing Law and Venue
The laws of the State of Minnesota govern all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions of Use, without giving effect to conflicts of law principles thereof. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction if the state and federal courts of the State of Minnesota for resolving any claim or dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions of Use. You agree that: (i) the website shall be deemed solely based in the State of Minnesota; and (ii) the website shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over FFG, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than the State of Minnesota.
If any term or provision of these Terms is held void, invalid, inoperative, or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then no other term or provision will be consequently affected, and the remaining terms and provisions will remain in full force and effect.
The captions contained herein are for reference purposes only and are not part of this agreement.
FFG reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the website at any time.
FFG reserves all rights not expressly granted herein.
You agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the website must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action occurs. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
Nothing in the Terms and Conditions of Use shall be deemed to confer any third party rights or benefits.